CALL FOR SUBMISSION:
BE A PART OF THE UPCOMING GLOBAL EMPTY HANDS MUSIC VIDEO:
Calling all Parents from around the world to have your child be a part of our upcoming music video "Superhero" by filming them doing acts of kindness in your community or city. Learn more below:
We invite all interested parents to have your children take part in our next Empty Hands music video for a song Nimo and Daniel Nahmod have created called “Superhero”
We are requesting parents and teachers from around the world to film their child or children doing small or large acts of kindness in their community, local town or city (Some ideas to the right).
Obviously we hope to get some fun and inspiring footage for the music video, of our little superhero’s making a positive difference in the world, but most importantly, we hope this encourages us as a collective to be more pro-active in doing more small acts of kindness in our daily lives. So really we would want you to do this because it can be a beautiful activity with your children, instead of only to be in a music video.
If you are interested in taking part in this global music video, here are the next steps:
1) Listen to the very rough version of the song we have created:
2) Decide which acts of kindness you are going to film your child or children doing in your neighborhood, community or city.
3) Then, take your child to that area and let them have fun being kind, helping others through their acts of kindness.
4) Have the Videographer take various angles of footage of your child/children doing the acts of kindness (Some wide shots and some close ups of the child/children and the recipients). Only 1 to 2 minutes of footage is required. Thus the activity itself doesn’t have to be too long. But you can do a longer activity and just send the best footage.
5) Enjoy the acts of kindness! And continue to do more :)
6) Have the videographer send us the best footage by Sunday, September 2nd, 2018 to be part of the 1st round cut. And send anytime after before Sept 17, to be considered in the 2nd round edit. *PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOUR FOOTAGE WILL 100% BE USED IN THE VIDEO. SO WE WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO THIS AS AN AMAZING ACTIVITY WITH YOUR CHILDREN, HAVE FUN, BE KIND, AND WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO INCLUDE THE FOOTAGE.
SHOOTING THE VIDEO
Technical Notes: (Please consult a friend that is camera/tech saavy to make sure the following happens properly):
1) Film must be shot in full HD (1920 x 1080). (DSLR Camera is suggested.)
2) Range of Shots: wide shot of kindness activity as well as close up shots of child, receiving hands, smiles, etc.
3) The videos submitted should be NO LONGER than 1 minute snippets each. You can send various 1 minute snippets.
4) The videographer should make sure the quality of the lighting is good when filming.
SUBMITTING THE VIDEO
1) Send the final (High Quality) footage via WeTransfer.com to the following two email addresses: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Upload the files to your Google Drive and share with following two email addresses: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
3) PLEASE TITLE THE FILE NAMES WITH YOUR "NAME AND CITY"
**PLEASE FOLLOW ALL THE DIRECTIONS! WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE FOOTAGE FROM SUBMISSIONS THAT DON’T FIT THE BELOW REQUIRMENTS:
THE 1st ROUND FOOTAGE IS DUE BY SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND, 2018 AND 2nd ROUND FOOTAGE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH - LATEST.
Buying Ice cream for labor workers or security guards
Purchase water bottles for homeless
Clean any public area / Pick up trash
Clean cars windshields for 30 minutes or so at an stop light or parking lot
Plant a tree in public
Clean a random person’s car in a public lot
Have a heart to heart talk with someone that is in need
Give free hugs OR hold Smile Signs out in public
Hold big Smile Posters in the middle of a public area
Pass out fresh, warm food to homeless brothers or sisters and have a conversation with them
Distribute Flowers to patients or nurses at a hospital or medical center