CALL FOR SUBMISSION:
BE A PART OF THE UPCOMING GLOBAL EMPTY HANDS MUSIC VIDEO:
"wE SHALL OVERCOME"
Calling all family from around the world to be a part of our upcoming music video "We Shall Overcome" by taking part in a local 'Heart March'. Learn more below:
We invite you and your community to take part in our next Empty Hands music video for a song Nimo and Daniel Nahmod are creating called “We Shall Overcome” (inspired by the timeless Civil Rights movement song/anthem)
We are requesting family and friends from around the world to create their own “Heart March” and film footage from the march and then send us the footage. The Heart March will be a scene we request you take part in, where you and your community march along a local street with Hearts in hand and on sticks (see example photo to the right)! The purpose is to show this scene in the music video to send a message to our community and the world, that amdist the darkness we face in these times, we will continue to fight back through courage and compassion.
If you are interested in taking part in this global music video, here are the next steps:
1) Listen to the very rough version of the song we have created:
2) Hold a group activity and gathering where you and your community
make heart props for the march. (see image above).
3) Then, take your group on to your local street or a main street on a Saturday, Sunday or whenever is easiest for you all and begin marching and have the videographer shoot the scene. Ideally having at least 10 people would be good, but the larger the group the better for the scene.
4) Have the Videographer take various angles of footage of you and your group marching on the street (Some wide group shots and some close ups of the family and friends). Only 1 to 2 minutes of footage is required. Thus the activity itself doesn’t have to be too long.
5) Enjoy the March!
6) Have the videographer send us the best footage by May 30th, 2018.
SHOOTING THE VIDEO
Technical Notes: (Please consult a friend that is camera/tech saavy to make sure the following happens properly):
1) Film must be shot in full HD (1920 x 1080). (DSLR Camera is suggested.)
2) Range of Shots: wide shot of whole group marching as well as close up shots of smiling faces
3) The videos submitted should be NO LONGER than 1 minute snippets each. You can send various 1 minute snippets.
4) The videographer should make sure the quality of the lighting is good when filming.
5) The spirit of the folks marching in the video should be of love, joy and strength.
SUBMITTING THE VIDEO
1) Send the final (High Quality) footage using this upload link:
**PLEASE FOLLOW ALL THE DIRECTIONS! WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE FOOTAGE FROM SUBMISSIONS THAT DON’T FIT THE BELOW REQUIRMENTS:
-STRONG SPIRIT OF THE PEOPLE MARCHING (HAPPY, JOYOUS, PASSIONATE)
THE FOOTAGE IS DUE BY WEDNESDAY, MAY 30TH, 2018 - LATEST. This way All the organizers have enough time to talk to their respective communities and plan a proper event/activity to make the necessary props and film the actual march.